Re: installing mod-perl

On Thu, Sep 19, 2002 at 21:07:55 -0700, dylan composed:
> hi--
>
> i am trying to install mod_perl onto my system via apt-get...
>
> i tried the command: apt-get install libapache-mod-perl
> after the installation was finished i checked my httpd.conf file... there
> was no new reference to a mod_perl..... i tried adding one, but apache died
> when restarting with and error in reference to the mod_perl line that i
> added...
>
> does anyone have any ideas on whats going on???

when you manually add in an apache module, particular attention has to
be paid to the order of the modules (in the DSO section as you are aware
of). if it's in the wrong order, apache will die. here's a reelvant
section in my DSO section:

 LoadModule layout_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/mod_layout.so
 LoadModule perl_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/mod_perl.so
 # LoadModule put_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/mod_put.so

put it there, and all should be well.

simon