About configuring a Powermac G4/ downloaded kernel problems

HI there.

Recently I've installed woody 3.0r0 in my powermacG4.
I have everithing ok, but the Nvidia Geforce 2 is not supported.

I have kernel 2.4.18-newpowerpc working (if the patch newppc is applied automatically by dselect over 2.4.18 image which comes with Debian 3.0) ¿Does I need anewer kernel? ¿Where I can get information about compilig the kernel and appliying patches???

HOw can I run XFree86? Do I need a different kernel?

Do I need a source or a kernel image? Where I can get more information?

Where I can get newer kernels? Does someone work correctly?

Nowadays I run linux in console-mode, it's enough to do almost everithing , but the more you have, the more you want...

I've tested two:

linux-bk-2.4.20-sta-pre6.tar.gz This kernel has a problem whith my keyboard model (it doesn't works properly and I can't do anything)

linux-debian-2.4.20-sta-pre6.tar.gz With 4.18 configuration, It doesn't works due to missing files in the modules folder provided.

the two kernels are precompiled, where can I get the sources?

thanks for your help. Good bless Linux.