Re: No ethernet (BenH ibook kernel)

On Thursday, September 12, 2002, at 01:16  PM, A.J. Rossini wrote:

"d-liao" == d-liao  <Dongxiang> writes:

d-liao> My 2.4.16 kernel from debian works fine. However, the BenH ibook kernel d-liao> does not load the eth0. Aren't the support compiled into the kernel. I
    d-liao> do not see anything in the /lib/modules/.

    d-liao> It is a iBook 500 2USB.

If you compiled Ben's kernel, you need to change the network settings
to include the iBook NIC.

I'm not sure what to do if you D/L'd it from somewhere.

I downloaded 2.4.20-pre5-ben0 from "http://www.ppckernel.org/kernel.php?id=
20".
From the description, it looks ready to run. I followed the instructions provided there.

Should I download the source, compile and then use the kernel package to install it?

Dong