Re: beige a.k.a oldworld g3 && quik

On Wed, Sep 11, 2002 at 12:50:25PM +0200, CK wrote:
> Why does the second partition on /dev/hda end up being /dev/hda3 ?

With a Mac style partition map, the first partition is the data
for the partition map itself. I know that seems wrong, but that's
the way it was designed. Any data partition will be partition 2
at least, and if you have the MacOS drivers, that's another 2-8
partitions. On my laptop, I'm pretty sure that hda9 is the first
actual data partition because of this. My 7600 had data partitions
starting at sda5. The laptop is worse because of the target disk
mode requiring extra drivers...

	Brad Boyer
	flar@allandria.com