Re: BenH kernel does not recognize my ibook keyboard

On Tue, 2002-09-10 19:03:47 -0500, Dongxiang <d-liao@uiuc.edu>
wrote in message <[🔎] 20020911000347.GA2075@peace>:
> I use 2.4.16-pmac kernel on a iBook 500 2USB/firewire and everything seems OK.
> I then installed the most recent BenH kernel for ibook.
> The machine boot up OK. The problem happens when I was shwon the login prompt.
> Anything I type in would show up as other keypresses.  It appears that
> the kernel does not recognize the keyboard. So I cannot even login.
>
> Anybody know what's going on? What's the fix?

echo 1 > /proc/sys/dev/mac_hid/keyboard_sends_linux_keycodes

AVE!
  phils...

--
     PHILIPP SCHMIDT / phils - - + - - > philipp@ppc.in-berlin.de
                                 ` - - > http://home.pages.de/~phils/

Lbh unir whfg ivbyngrq gur Qvtvgny Zvyraavhz Pbclevtug Npg ol oernxvat gur
cebgrpgvba bs pbclevtugrq zngrevny.  Vs lbh ner abg n pvgvmra be erfvqrag bs
gur HFN, lbh evfx orvat vzcevfbarq naq uryq jvgubhg onvy sbe hc gb gjb jrrxf
hcba ragel gb gur HFN (c) Copyright 2001 by Hartmann Schaffer (signature only)

:wq