X -Windows on G4 PowerBook

In order to get X windows up on my G4 with a Radeon 7500 video card, I need to install a newer XFree86--either Michel Daenzer's DRI package of else Branden's 4.2 package. These packages are not part of the regular Debian distributions. I continue to be stumped on how to do this. I have not found an elegant way to do this by updating my apt/sources.list file, so I am getting ready to download all the necessary files into a local directory and then updating /apt/sources.list with an entry:

	deb file:/<dir> debs/

There must be a better way. . .

Any suggestions would be appreciated. If this question has already been answered, a pointer to that answer would be equally appreciated.

Thanks,