HOORAY! Yet more on iBook2 internal modem

Then I wrote:
>No, the test script listmodem_app_linux said it didn't find any, so I
>didn't bother proceeding ny further. I'll try that again and see what
>happens.

Ben, you da man!

It IS that durn software modem after all! I installed the driver package
and for the first time got something other than a blank screen in
minicom! Now I just need to find a decent init string for this thing, I
hope :-)

Thanks to everyone who helped me with this, I owe y'all a beer.

Since several people said *their* 500 Mhz iBooks have hardware modems,
there seem to be different configurations. Would Open Firmware give any
definitive information we could use to determine exactly which machines
have SW modems and which don't?