Re: booting a kernel through open firmware.

On Sat, Sep 07, 2002 at 09:58:20AM -0400, Fred Heitkamp wrote:

> A while back I recall reading somewhere that it is
> possible to boot a linux kernel directly from OF without
> using yaboot.  I actually did this once myself but lost
> my record of it.  I think I could use yaboot from say OS 9
> but I would like to figure this out anyway.

The instructions for using yaboot are in the manual (link in my .sig).

OpenFirmware is not a boot loader; yaboot was designed to bridge the
gap between OF and the kernel. If you'd like to see how it works,
download the source and check it out.

|      <http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/installmanual>     |
|        debian-imac: <http://debian-imac.sourceforge.net>       |
|                  To Have, Give All to All (ACIM)               |