Re: Where do I find Woody?

On Wednesday, September 4, 2002, at 08:33  PM, anonymous@mcw.edu wrote:

On Wed, 4 Sep 2002, Bert Knabe wrote:

I think I've been to every US ftp site, and I haven't found Woody for
PPC. I see that there are people on this list running it, so I know it
exists. Where can I find it? I don't currently have Debian installed so
I'd like to find the ISO images.

You have a few options:

- The link

    http://www.debian.org/CD/

  gives somes idea of how to go about downloading CD images, or buying
  them.

I went to every US ftp site on their list and couldn't find ISO images.

- Failing that,

    http://www.linuxiso.org

  has Debian 3.0 images.  I did get 2.2r5 disks from that site and those
  worked well for me, but I haven't tried the 3.0 disks.

- If you have enough bandwidth to download a CD image, you might want to
  check the debian installation manual at:

    http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/powerpc/install.en.html

I have the manual. I want to install Debian on two computers. One at home, one at work. I download and burn the images at work, since I'm on a 33.6 modem at home.

Thanks for all the info.

Bert

--
Have you ever noticed that the more time you have, the less you do with
it?

--
Asking questions is never a sign of stupidity, it is a sign of ignorance seeking to be cured.