Re: using apt to install system to another partition

On Sun, 1 Sep 2002, Chris Tillman wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 01, 2002 at 03:49:41PM -0400, Fred Heitkamp wrote:
> >
> > I want to make a backup debian installation on another disk or partition.
>
> Steps were recently added in the install manual which would work for this
> using debootstrap. See
>
> http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch-preparing.en.html/#s-linux-upgrade

This link did not work for me but I found debootstrap and managed to get
it working on my non-debian system.  It seems to have installed the base
Debian system OK on my spare ext2 partition.  There is no kernel installed
though.  How do I install a kernel package do I can boot the partition?

Fred