Announcing cudamgr (was: Re: Automatic power-on)

Hey all,

On  31 Aug, this message from Eric C. Cooper echoed through cyberspace:
> On Sun, Sep 01, 2002 at 02:23:27AM +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:
>> On Sat, 2002-07-27 at 22:03, Jonas Oberg wrote:
>> > A few months back there was a discussion around the (proposed?)
>> > pmac-utils utility pack. One of the features that someone wanted to
>> > put in there was a way to put the Mac in "server mode".
[snip]

> On CUDA-based PowerMacs, this will set it to "file server mode" (i.e.,
> automatically reboot upon restoration of power):
>     echo -ne '\001\023\001' > /dev/adb

Based on the above discussion, pmacpow, and the Apple technotes I could
find related to cuda, I came up with a little utility that manages all
interesting features of cuda. You can find it here:

	http://www.cpu.lu/~mlan/ftp/cudamgr-1.0.tar.gz

It sets alarm clock power-up (from pmacpow), server mode (aka automatic
powerup after AC power failure), wake-on-ring (serial port GPi pin), and
queries the last power failure time (doesn't work on my 7600).

I suppose with wake-on-ring and a bit of wire soldering you could even
make old Macs wake-on-lan :-)

Enjoy!

Michel

L-1710 Luxembourg              |