Re: ibook 2 : several question

On Mon, Sep 02, 2002 at 02:24:24PM -0400, Francis J. Lacoste wrote:
> On lun, 2002-09-02 at 14:10, Jesus Climent wrote:
> > On Mon, Sep 02, 2002 at 02:07:05PM -0400, Francis J. Lacoste wrote:
> > > I have a iBook2 700Mhz (12" screen) with the Radeon M6 and sleeping is
> > > not working properly. Well, sleeping works but it never wakes up. I have
> > > ran several kernels and it never work.
> >
> > Here it was working until I rebuilt the kernel without ide-cdrom (since
> > the ide-scsi parameter on boot did not work: it was rejected by the
> > kernel saying that it was not an existing kernel parameter, and it
> > happened between rc4-benh0 to 2.4.19-benh0 final).
> >
> > After that it never wakes up, so I maight have to decide wetween
> > sleep/wake up or cd recording.
> >

> My kernel was compiled with IDE CDROM support. (SCSI emulation is
> compiled as a module and is not working either.)
>
> CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDECD=y
> CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDESCSI=m
>
> On boot, I have the following messages:
>
> Kernel command line: root=/dev/hda10 ro hdb=scsi
> ide_setup: hdb=scsi -- BAD OPTION

I had similiar problems, but it's working now. I had to disable IDE
CDROM support, and compile SCSI emulation in.

Since several people seem to have problems, I've put the deb for my
kernel (2.4.20-pre5-ben0), along with the kernel config file and a deb
for daenzer's drm-trunk-module at

http://arbutus.physics.mcmaster.ca/cookedm/ibook/

Currently, CDROM support with SCSI emulation, sleeping/waking up, and
sound work. I haven't tested the CD-RW, but cdrecord -scanbus works.