Re: ibook 2 : several question

On Mon, Sep 02, 2002 at 06:02:42PM +0200, Pierre Gambarotto wrote:
> I just bought an ibook 700Mhz/14" LCD.
>
> So far, I succeeded in installing debian in dual boot with Mac OS X, and
> it runs pretty well :-)
>
> Several remaining problems anyway :
> _ I read pmud's manual : is it right that sleep mode for ibook 700Mhz
> is not supported ? It's not clear in the manual, but the /etc/power/pwrctl
> script say so. Can anybody confirm ?

I haven't had problems. (I have the same, but with the 12" screen.)

Occasionally, I'll compile a kernel that won't sleep properly, but
that's probably my fault for fiddling with the kernel config too much :-)

> _ DRI : the dri module is loaded (thanks to src from http://www.penguinppc.org/~daenzer/).
> Glxinfo reports dri is ok :
> direct rendering: Yes
>
> But any GL app freezes X (I use Xfree4.2 from http://people.debian.org/~branden/)
> Someone with more luck than me ?

Nope :-)

Since I don't really need OpenGL stuff at the moment, I've set
LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT in my .xsession so that direct rendering isn't
used. Then GL apps won't freeze X (but will run slower :0)