Re: what to do with linux.bin from 3.0 installer ?

On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 06:17:03PM +0100, Carlos de la Cruz Pinto wrote:
> I had also tried that linux.bin file on my PowerMac 8500 and it doesn't
> work.
>
> Try downloading the "benh" kernel image (look in penguinppc.org) or
> google :-)
>
> You must copy it under the same directory of linux.bin. It will apear
> on the drop down list. It worked for me, but I don't know how to solve
> the adb keyboard problem. It only works good during the instalation
> process :(
>
> Greetings :-)

Maybe these problems are symptoms of Dan's missing patches from 2.4.18.
There is a 2.4.19 kernel available in Debian's archive also, might work
better. (Were you using linux.bin from new-powermac or powermac? I was
using powermac's, which is 2.2.20).

|      <http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/installmanual>     |
|        debian-imac: <http://debian-imac.sourceforge.net>       |
|                  To Have, Give All to All (ACIM)               |