Re: 2.4.19 -- no sound

On Thu, 2002-08-29 12:29:07 +0200, Jesus Climent <jesus.climent@hispalinux.es>
wrote in message <[🔎] 20020829102907.GA19706@reypastor.hispalinux.es>:
> On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 12:01:19PM +0200, Philipp Schmidt wrote:
> > On Wed, 2002-08-28 18:49:09 +0100, Paul Talacko <talacko@yarn.demon.co.uk>
> > wrote in message <[🔎] 20020828174909.GA381@euterpe.yarn.demon.co.uk>:
> > > As I posted in a previous thread, I've upgraded to 2.4.19 which has got
> > > my RTL8029 working, but now I have no sound.  No beep, nothing.  Xmms
> > > does everything fine as if it plays sound, but nothing comes out the
> > > speaker.  Using mixers, I've turned up the volume, the speaker slider
> > > etc up full and still no sound.
> > >
> > > Does anyone have any ideas what might ne the problem?
> >
> > no, sorry, sound works here, but i switched to the alsa drivers which
> > provide more featues. You _have_ to use the drivers from the cvs-version,
> > take the rest from the latest snapshot. works fine here
>
> For which model? Are you talking about the sound card in the new iBook2
> dualUSB 700?

no, the 600Mhz variant, a few month older than yours...

AVE!
  phils...

--
     PHILIPP SCHMIDT / phils - - + - - > philipp@ppc.in-berlin.de
                                 ` - - > http://home.pages.de/~phils/

Lbh unir whfg ivbyngrq gur Qvtvgny Zvyraavhz Pbclevtug Npg ol oernxvat gur
cebgrpgvba bs pbclevtugrq zngrevny.  Vs lbh ner abg n pvgvmra be erfvqrag bs
gur HFN, lbh evfx orvat vzcevfbarq naq uryq jvgubhg onvy sbe hc gb gjb jrrxf
hcba ragel gb gur HFN (c) Copyright 2001 by Hartmann Schaffer (signature only)

:wq