Re: 2.4.19 -- no sound

On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 12:01:19PM +0200, Philipp Schmidt wrote:
> On Wed, 2002-08-28 18:49:09 +0100, Paul Talacko <talacko@yarn.demon.co.uk>
> wrote in message <[🔎] 20020828174909.GA381@euterpe.yarn.demon.co.uk>:
> > As I posted in a previous thread, I've upgraded to 2.4.19 which has got
> > my RTL8029 working, but now I have no sound.  No beep, nothing.  Xmms
> > does everything fine as if it plays sound, but nothing comes out the
> > speaker.  Using mixers, I've turned up the volume, the speaker slider
> > etc up full and still no sound.
> >
> > Does anyone have any ideas what might ne the problem?
>
> no, sorry, sound works here, but i switched to the alsa drivers which
> provide more featues. You _have_ to use the drivers from the cvs-version,
> take the rest from the latest snapshot. works fine here

For which model? Are you talking about the sound card in the new iBook2
dualUSB 700?

I would be glad to test it =)

Jesus Climent | Unix System Admin | Helsinki, Finland.
http://www.HispaLinux.es/~data/  |  data.pandacrew.org
Please, encrypt mail address to me: GnuPG ID: 86946D69
FP: BB64 2339 1CAA 7064 E429  7E18 66FC 1D7F 8694 6D69
Registered Linux user #66350 Debian 3.0 & Linux 2.4.19

Don't "Sir" me young man, you have no idea who you're dealing with.
		--Kay (Men in Black)