m3mirror on ibook2

Hi,

I was searching around and I found this discussion:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2001/debian-powerpc-200108/msg00229.html
about m3mirror on an ibook2 but the discussion seems to end without
coming to any conclusion. Or did it continue off list?

I have today tried to get m3mirror to work on my ibook2 600Mhz and I'm
seeing the same thing as James Tyson saw when he tried:

In X a small piece of the top left corner of the screen is taking up all
the screen and the content also seem to loop over.

I did some experiments with different color depths and below are my
results, in all the cases the screen on the crt is about 1 cm up, i.e. I
can't see the top 1 cm of the screen that's on the lcd, and the bottom
1 cm of the screen on the crt is filled with random garbage:

Color depth     Console               X
            Size    Colors      Size    Colors
8            OK       OK         OK       NOK   e.g gray = blue
16          NOK       OK        NOK        OK   about 1/4th
24          NOK       OK        NOK        OK   about 1/8th

(I hope the formatting didn't get all messed up)

It's hard to judge the colors when the size is messed up and the image
loops over but they seem to be ok in all the cases except X at 8 bpp.

I'm running 2.4.19-rc5-ben0 and xserver-xfree86 4.2.0-0pre1v3.

Am I doing something wrong? Or is there something wrong with the driver?
And in that case can the above information give someone a clue about
what could be wrong?

Joakim

--
Joakim Andersson ; tyrak@borgship.net ; http://borgship.net/~tyrak/