Re: PowerPC kernel repository (was: Woody on IBM RS/6000 7025 F50)

On Fri, 2002-08-23 at 10:56, John F Davis wrote:

> If so, could someone create the following URL:
> http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/sarge/main/disks-powerpc/current/
> with the following sub-directories:
> prep
> chrp
> power3
> ppc64

The disks-$(ARCH) directories were maintained through this awful mess of
scripts relating to boot-floppies, which is a codebase we've retired.

Given that debian-installer (our next generation installer) is still
under active development, it's a bit early to be thinking about new
scripts for maintaining a disks- directory.  How about using
penguinppc.org?  It seems like a good place to coordinate this sort of
thing (at least for now), especially given that there are other
GNU/Linux systems which run on powerpc (although I don't know why you'd
use them =) ).

I guess you want to send an email to webmaster@penguinppc.org, or just
catch sourdough or jeramy on irc.openprojects.net #debianppc.