PowerPC kernel repository (was: Woody on IBM RS/6000 7025 F50)

> On Thu, Aug 22, 2002 at 10:06:56PM +0300, George Karaolides wrote:
> >
> > Further to my previous post about the serial port slowing down during
> > booting, here are the interrupts.  It took an hour and a half to get to
> > shell...
> >
> > It doesn't look like there's anything amiss.  Anyone have any other
ideas?

> Is it possible your terminal is set to a different rate than the kernel
> is communicating on? On Macs, the OF rate is 38400, but when I would
> pass 9600 to the kernel in the boot argument without changing the rate
> on the terminal, I would get something like that.
>
> --
> *------v--------- Installing Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 --------v------*
> |      <http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/installmanual>     |
> |        debian-imac: <http://debian-imac.sourceforge.net>       |
> |            Chris Tillman        tillman@voicetrak.com          |
> |                  To Have, Give All to All (ACIM)               |
kernels of different origin. It appears to me that we would benefit from
having a kernel repository with pre-compiled kernels. I know how to compile
a kernel; however, I prefer to use pre-compiled kernels that have been
built by people that fully understand the requirements for which source
tree to choose, patches to apply, compiler versions to use, etc. This way
we are all working with a common set of kernels.

Does this sound like a reasonable request?

If so, could someone create the following URL:
http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/sarge/main/disks-powerpc/current/
with the following sub-directories:
prep
chrp
power3
ppc64

Then add the following to each sub-directory:
vmlinux-2.4.xx
zImage-2.4.xx
config file

Rolf