Re: Woody on IBM RS/6000 7025 F50

El mié, 21-08-2002 a las 16:16, George Karaolides escribió:
> On Wed, 21 Aug 2002, Tom Gall wrote:
> > George Karaolides wrote:
> > > Any pointers on how to use Minicom to access the console on the serial
> > > port?  I have a null modem cable right here but I haven't tried this
> > > before.
> >
> > Just fire it up... connect 9600 8N1 ... just works!
> >
> > You can pass console=ttyS0,9600 then to use serial...
> >

> I've configured minicom to use the serial port, and have configured
> minicom to use the port with 9600 8N1, but (stupid user level
> question...) how do I actually connect?  Should minicom connect
> automatically on startup, or do I have to issue a command or something?

I use kermit (on a debian machine). Just:
# kermit
C-kermit> set line /dev/ttyS0
C-Kermit> set carrier-watch off
C-Kermit> connect

(it's belong to non-free).

Commons "three cables" null modems only allow you to work after your
machine make its tests.  With a "full" null modem you can work
with the Service Processor, and allow to see the check codes on
console.  I don't have the references :-(

--
German Poo Caaman~o
mailto:gpoo@ubiobio.cl