Re: Woody on IBM RS/6000 7025 F50

On 21 Aug 2002, German Poo Caaman~o wrote:

> What are you using: console or vga monitor?  I think the output
> is going to other device (your kernel seem works).

I'm trying to use a monitor and keyboard, the video card is a Matrox G200
and it works just fine with the existing old Yellow Dog installation.

> You can try booting with a console, append "console=ttyS0,9600"
> as argument when you boot from net, and connecting, with a null
> modem between serial ports, two machines.

OK, I've got a null modem cable right here.  Can I connect to the console
on the serial port from an Intel Linux machine (Debian woody)?  Is there
any software I must install?

Best regards,

|   George Karaolides                      Planitis Communications Ltd.,  |
|   tel:   +357 22 45 65 00              Office 102, 11 Florinis Street,  |
|   web:   www.planitis.net                             Nicosia CY 1065,  |
|   email: george.karaolides@planitis.net           Republic  of Cyprus.  |