Re: Install manual ? 5.3 Booting from floppies
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Install manual ? 5.3 Booting from floppies
- From: Lars Noodén <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 12:15:13 +0200
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <20020807150037.GA371@iMacBlue>
- References: <email@example.com> <20020807150037.GA371@iMacBlue>
I do insert the floppy before booting, but it goes unrecognized
unless I use the cmd-opt-p-r key combination after the reboot chord.
It would be normal to expect it to eject a non-bootable disk, but
I've never seen the machine eject the disk except as part of the net
install procedure where the 2nd disk is needed. Perhaps the 7600 I
have is not standard.
The floppy must be inserted in the drive before booting; and if the
floppy is bootable it will use it. If not, it will eject it and search
for a bootable system on the hard drive.