Re: Install manual ? 5.3 Booting from floppies

Chris,

I do insert the floppy before booting, but it goes unrecognized unless I use the cmd-opt-p-r key combination after the reboot chord. It would be normal to expect it to eject a non-bootable disk, but I've never seen the machine eject the disk except as part of the net install procedure where the 2nd disk is needed. Perhaps the 7600 I have is not standard.

-Lars

The floppy must be inserted in the drive before booting; and if the
floppy is bootable it will use it. If not, it will eject it and search
for a bootable system on the hard drive.