RE: Source.list entries for unstable ppc

Hi All,

Thanks for your help. I'll try to sum up my response to several of your suggeations.

I'm using the ftp.debian.org mirror (the same as I have used for years on my X86 box) and apt keeps reporting that there is an error connecting - no such URL (or words to that effect -- it is the standard message when you put a bogus line in the source.list file). I never changed the security lines because I know that there is no unstable security :)

I must have mis-read a news item a little while back that said X 4.2 was available in unstable :(

Thanks,

John