Re: tiBook CPU speed

On Tue, 2002-08-06 at 11:34, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> Anyway, once that is merged with cpufreq, I'd rather let userland decide
> on policy of what to do with CPU speed. Something else we may want to
> implement is a way (sysctl ?) to control the ICTC (instruction cache
> throttling). This has the effect of slowing down instruction fetching
> by the CPU and lowering it's temperature & power consumption.

One possibility would be to include this support in the pmud utils to
create a more generic hardware monitoring daemon.  Since I would hope
idle-time and overheating would be mutually exclusive, it shouldn't be
too hard to add in a modular fashion.

Perhaps I'll revisit this if/when these other features and implemented.

-m