tcpd crashes before main()

The new release of tcp-wrappers I uploaded yesterday to experimental,
on my ppc system running woody randomly segfaults about one in ten times
before main() is started.
I know it happens before main() because I tried to add a open(2) call as
the first statement of main() and no file is created.
I have been able to get a core file but no stack trace from gdb.

Everything works if I statically link libwrap0 instead of dynamically
linking it as usual.

Since this happens only on powerpc and not on my i386 systems I suspect
a toolchain or libc bug, please try to test the package.

--
ciao,
Marco