From: masee@ephishmsee.com [mailto:masee@ephishmsee.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 31, 2002 9:16 AM
To: deFreese, Barry
Cc: 'Ole-Egil Hvitmyren'; debian-powerpc@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: XF86Config-4 - Was: RE: Newbie apt-get question

>>>>> "deFreese," == deFreese, Barry <Barry.deFreese@nike.com> writes:

    deFreese,> Thanks for the replies all.  I changed the vertical
    deFreese,> refresh range and now at least my "800x600" is now in
    deFreese,> the right place on the screen but I still get a test
    deFreese,> failed in the log for "1024x768".  Where can I put in
    deFreese,> the config file, the amount of video memory??

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "ATI Rage Mobility M3"
        Driver          "r128"
        BusID           "PCI:0:16:0"
        VideoRam        8192     <-- here.
        Option          "UseFBDev"              "true"
EndSection

    deFreese,> One more question if you don't mind.  The entry
    deFreese,> FontPath "unix/:7100" in the config file.  What does
    deFreese,> that mean??

That's the unix port for the local x font server.  If you have one,
it'll be used, otherwise, it will fall back to the FontPaths after it.

good luck!

Marshal