Re: need help with X windows on imac running woody
- To: Jack R Lawler <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: need help with X windows on imac running woody
- From: Michel Dänzer <email@example.com>
- Date: 25 Jul 2002 18:08:18 +0200
- Message-id: <1027613299.1220.6302.camel@tibook>
- In-reply-to: <20020725155722.8B1A22BF59@heaviside>
- References: <20020725155722.8B1A22BF59@heaviside>
On Thu, 2002-07-25 at 17:57, Jack R Lawler wrote:
> Has anyone gotten X windows working on a G3 iMac running
> woody? I upgraded to 3.0 from 2.2_r5. The output from
> startx does not seem to show any fatal errors but the X
> windows screen is black. I can execute commands in the
> invisible xterm that must be there and I can exit X windows
> using control-alt-delete. My kernel is 2.4.18-newpmac.
> I have included the output from lspci, a copy of my
> /etc/X11/XF86Config-4, and the output from startx. Thanks.
> Section "Monitor"
> Identifier "iMac"
> HorizSync 28-33
> VertRefresh 43-72
> Option "DPMS"
iMacs seem to want around 60 kHz horizontally, change the HorizSync
Earthling Michel Dänzer (MrCooper)/ Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc) developer
XFree86 and DRI project member / CS student, Free Software enthusiast
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to firstname.lastname@example.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact email@example.com