B&W G3; two mice; one nice

I just recently installed Debian on my B&W G3. Wow. Looks and acts just like the i386 port. I've very impressed at how similar the two platforms look.

I've also got an Intel-based box running Debian.

I'm sharing a keyboard and mouse and monitor between the two computers using a Belkin OmniCube 4-port KVM switch. These peripherals rightly "belong" to the PC.

However, during the early stages of trying to get Debian installed on the Mac (issues with OpenFirmware), I wound up plugging in the Mac's USB keyboard and mouse.

Now that I have Debian running, for the most part, I can type on either keyboard or use either mouse when I'm using the Mac; when using the PC, I can only use the PC's mouse and keyboard. This behaviour is expected, since the Mac peripherals are plugged into the Mac directly, rather than through the KVM switch.

My problem is that if I use the PC mouse on the Macintosh (either the console or in X), it acts like I have a bad protocol specified. It almost acts right (it actually does better in X than in the console), but not quite.

The relevant lines of my /etc/gpm.conf file look like:

device=/dev/input/mice
type=raw

and of my /etc/X11/XF86Config-4:

Identifier "Configured Mouse"
Option "Protocol" "ImPS/2" Option "Device" "/dev/gpmdata"

Identifier "Generic Mouse"
Option "Protocol" "ImPS/2" Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"

Do I need to unplug the Mac USB mouse and see if that clears up my problem? Or do I have a bad protocol specified for my PC mouse (it is a 3-button, wheel mouse, and the ZAxisMapping is in XF86Config-4)?

Thanks for any help!

Kent