Re: FireWire Hard Disk

Thanks a lot, I got step further now...

Now I have a rather ignorant question:

How do I format my firewire-harddisk so that i can mount it in linux?

I formated it in OsX as DOS-Type.

Under linux pmac-fdisk produces the following output:

titan:/mnt# pmac-fdisk /dev/sda
The number of cylinders for this disk is set to 3648.
This is larger than 1024, and may cause problems with:
1) software that runs at boot time (e.g., LILO)
2) booting and partitioning software form other OSs
  (e.g., DOS FDISK, OS/2 FDISK)

Command (m for help): p

Disk /dev/sda: 255 heads, 63 sectors, 3648 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 bytes

  Device Boot   Begin    Start      End   Blocks   Id  System

Command (m for help):

What does that mean? There is no partition recognized, am I correct?

How did you guys out there with working fw-drives format/partition your disks?

thanks
jonas