get-apt issues & where can i get j2re1.3 for the ppc

I was updating my files using stable, testing, and unstable in my source list.. apt told me i  had not choice to uninstall a bounc of apps.. i went into dselect and they were not marked for uninstalation but apt force the isue any way.. So, I wrote down what it was uninstalling and thought to go back and install them later.  Now I can't do any thing i can't install or uninstall .. scannerdaemon is keeping the whole process locked  this is the output it gives me

apt-get -fm upgrade --fix-broken
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Correcting dependencies... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
scannerdaemon
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 0  not upgraded.
3 packages not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0B of archives. After unpacking 167kB will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
(Reading database ... 218979 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing scannerdaemon ...
Stopping scannerdaemon: start-stop-daemon: stat /usr/lib/j2sdk1.3/bin/i386/native_threads/java: No such file or directory
dpkg: error processing scannerdaemon (--remove):
subprocess pre-removal script returned error exit status 2
Starting scannerdaemon: scannerdaemon.
scannerdaemon

Java was one of the things apt forced an unstall without me authorizing the removal.. and when I go back to install it.. I  don't have j2re1.3 for the ppc.  I can't find it even with a search on the internet.. all i get are i386.. I installed the other j2* they are not configured and apt puts them on unpacked and then when i go back to try to remove scannerdaemon.. it forces the issue with removing all the java I just installed...

I tried all forms of options for apt-get and dpkg... nothing alows me to force the removal of scannerdeamon.. and to stop apt to remove wanted packages.

Any sujestions.. I have read lists, books, readme and searching the net.. and I have spent most of the day on this issue when i have other issues on the system to address.

Thanks in advace,
Adam