RE: Modems on PowerBook 3400

>For what it is worth I just installed an Orinoco card in my old 3400
>and nothing PCMCIA would talk to me until I used the 0x90000000 range.

There is a rule to pick those ranges. With a recent kernel
(>=2.4.18), do

cat /proc/iomem

There, pick a range that is on the same PCI bus as the PCMCIA
controller and that is not used by anybody (including the PCMCIA)

For IO, do cat /proc/ioport and repeat...

Though I would have expected orinoco to only need an IO range...

Ben.