Re: RARP and kernel 2.4.x

David Anthony Hacker <dahacker@umich.edu> writes:

> I want auto discovery of the server IP address serving boot images.
> However apt-cache search rarpd shows no such program?  What gives?

ummm...

Package: rarpd
Section: net
Installed-Size: 100
Maintainer: Junichi Uekawa <dancer@debian.org>
Architecture: powerpc
Version: 0.981107-4
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.2.3-1)
Suggests: update-cluster
Filename: pool/main/r/rarpd/rarpd_0.981107-4_powerpc.deb
Size: 9272
MD5sum: 652f9f0223a3df494a7834d603c4e933
 RARP is a protocol which allows individual devices on an IP network to
 get their own IP addresses from the RARP server.
 You need this daemon only if you have on your LAN machines like
 diskless Sun boxes.
 With kernels up to 2.2 you have the option of using the integrated RARP
 support instead of this daemon.

What release are you using -- perhaps it's not in potato?

--
Josh Huber                                   | huber@debian.org |