Re: Powermac 9500 won't recognize rescue floppy

On Sat, Jul 06, 2002 at 09:56:46PM -0400, Colin Foran wrote:
> ok, this just keeps getting better
> the woody image did work, and i managed to make it to the installer, but after
> picking my keyboard type, no keys register.
> i chose both extended and standard, no dice.
> Any ideas with this one?
> and again, thanks for your patience everyone
> -cheers

Did you happen to use the potato root.bin? It used ADB keymaps,
where the woody one uses linux keycodes. I think that would cause
this result, your woody kernel is trying to interpret the ADB keymap
from potato using linux keycodes.

For more fun reading on the keycodes issue,

http://www.debian.org/ports/powerpc/keycodes