Lost ethernet after sleep, but only on battery

Hi all,

I have a bug here, and I was wondering if anyone could confirm
that it happens to them, too before I go hacking source.

I have pmud 0.10-1 installed, and I just noticed something strange.
When the system sleeps (closed cover, or running /sbin/snooze), I
lose Ethernet.  *** But only when on battery power. ***  On AC,
it works fine.

I get this in my syslog when it starts back up:

 floyd kernel: eth0: Link state change, phy_status: 0x7809
 floyd kernel: eth0:    Link down !

(it's couched in among a bunch of other shutdown verbiage, but
I checked, and it's the only bit that's different).

The only way to get my connection back is to go through an ifdown/ifup
cycle.  Unplugging and replugging the ethernet cable doesn't change
anything.

I'm running 2.4.19-pre8-benh, and the hardware is an iBook SE 466.