Re: 7248-100 + 2.4.18 + E15 = 1024x768 FB

Ingvar Hagelund wrote:

> This is so cool! The E15-thing is something I have been thinking of
> doing, but never got the time to look at, and David Monro has said
> something like "maybe later".

It's just a: patch source / recompile / correct errors from gcc !!

> Could you post a working version of the ibm_e15fb-patch for 2.4? That
> would be really great.

You'll find the relevant sources at the bottom of this page :
http://www.geocities.com/avaresio/Linux.html

Since I didn't keep the original sources :( I can't diff them.
I'm not usig BK, so I can't diff against the orig tree, if even possible.

> Do you really need the caro-min-patch? I thought most of the patches
> there were merged into the BK-tree. My 7248 works fine without it.

I didn't pay much attention when applying the patches against the Debian
source tree I'm using, but yes some of the code was already there.

Note:
It's really a hack, I'm noticing the following:
If monitor goes off due to power-save for a while I can't get to
the X session anymore or if X is responsive, colors go garbage:
I get Deep Blue background and white turns to black,
while black still remains black :(

--
 Alberto 'JCN-9000' Varesio     AKA  BlueRider    AIX V4.3 System Support
 EADS-MDTV - Via Goito 51/A    Riding the world   Phone: +39-011-415-8111