Re: XF86-Config-4 for Titanium PowerBook

On Sat, 2002-05-25 at 22:33, Rogério Brito wrote:
> On May 25 2002, Brendan J Simon wrote:
> > Michel Dänzer wrote:
> > >My binaries are very unintrusive and easy to set up. See
> > >http://www.penguinppc.org/~daenzer/XFree86-4.2/ReadMe
> >
> > Do I need a special kernel ?  I'm running a custom 2.4.9 kernel at
> > the moment. (...) I'd prefer to run the latest 2.4 kernel if
> > possible (2.4.18 I think is the latest).
>
> 	I use Michel's binaries with a relatively recent benh kernel
> 	(though not the most recent one) and it works quite well on my
> 	iBook. It is both faster than X 4.1.0.1 and seems to support
> 	turning off the LCD's backlight, which apparently X 4.1.0.1
> 	doesn't.

Yep, I changed the drivers to use the framebuffer device for DPMS with Option
"UseFBDev", see ati-dpms.diff.

> 	The only problem that I have with Michel's X binaries is that
> 	my iBook seems to crash when going out of sleep (after the
> 	screen is redrawn -- only moving the mouse/trackpad works, the
> 	keyboard and mouse clicks are completely ignored) while this
> 	seems to work fine with Debian's X.

Is that with DRI enabled? Do you have APM emulation enabled in the
kernel, /dev/apm_bios exists and there are lines

(II) Open APM successful

in the server log?