Re: Partimage CD boots on my PowerMac while Debian don't

> > A CD should be bootable on a NewWorld if it has a 'blessed'
> > folder. And in order for the blessing to work, the folder needs to
> > have a Mac-System- type file.
>
>       I talked some weeks ago with Ethan on irc and he told me that
>       the current (at the time) mkisofs couldn't bless the root
>       directory of a CD (that is, a blessed directory would have to
>       be at least one level deep on the directory tree).
>
>       I don't know if that still applies.
>
> > If you mount the CD in MacOS, it should show the folder icon of the
> > blessed folder with a little Mac on it,

While Partimage shows the blessed folder in the root Debian does it in
the /install folder (one level deeper). Since Partimage most likely uses
the same mkisofs as Debian the deeper level might be the reason.

How do I build a powerpc test image with the blessed folder in the root
on a Debian i386.

O. Wyss

--
Author of "Debian partial mirror synch script"
("http://dpartialmirror.sourceforge.net/";)