Re: Curious about PPC

On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 09:04:44AM -0400, Russell Hires wrote:

> The only thing I think was a major pain was dealing with yaboot/ybin. It's
> scary setting a dual-boot system and playing with OF like that. I wish there
> was a MacOS applescript (or something written in python! [2]) to make the
> necessary adjustments on the Mac side before you attempt to boot into Linux
> the first time...

IIRC the potato docs were slightly faulty on the yaboot front, but I was
too confused at the time to be able to take coherent notes.  OTOH, now
that I have it, I find that a die-hard MacOS-using friend is interested
in using yaboot _without_ a non-Apple OS.  I guess that makes sense
because its boot menu also lets you boot from CD, choose between MacOS 9
and OS X, or go into the Open Firmware console.

Thanks for the DVD hints BTW.

Jeroen