Re: Partimage CD boots on my PowerMac while Debian don't

On Sun, May 19, 2002 at 05:34:36PM -0300, Rog?rio Brito wrote:
> On May 19 2002, Chris Tillman wrote:
> > A CD should be bootable on a NewWorld if it has a 'blessed'
> > folder. And in order for the blessing to work, the folder needs to
> > have a Mac-System- type file.
>
> 	I talked some weeks ago with Ethan on irc and he told me that
> 	the current (at the time) mkisofs couldn't bless the root
> 	directory of a CD (that is, a blessed directory would have to
> 	be at least one level deep on the directory tree).
>
> 	I don't know if that still applies.
>
> > If you mount the CD in MacOS, it should show the folder icon of the
> > blessed folder with a little Mac on it,
>
> 	By "MacOS" you mean "strictly earlier than X"?
>
> > same with the system-type file inside.
>
> 	Is there any way to see if a directory has the blessed flag
> 	with Linux?

I was speaking as a longtime Mac user. My experience with mkisofs and
hfs is limited.

This is from mkisofs (hfs.c). It looks to me like it's setting one bit
somewhere.  Probably, looking through hfsutils (which I haven't done),
you could find the similar code and figure out how to add a routine
that would give you that info back. Or, since this says it's adapted
from vsetattr(), maybe there's a vgetattr floating around out there
somewhere.

/*
 * NAME:        hfs->vsetbless()
 *
 * adapted from vsetattr() from v3.2.6
 */
#ifdef  PROTOTYPES
void
hfs_vsetbless(hfsvol *vol, unsigned long cnid)
#else
void
hfs_vsetbless(vol, cnid)
	hfsvol		*vol;