Re: Apache?

On Mon, May 13, 2002 at 05:40:17PM -0700, Chris Tillman wrote:
> On Mon, May 13, 2002 at 07:32:50PM +0200, Lars D. Nood?n wrote:
> > Were can I find apache, apache-common and co.?
> > apt-get gives me the error below.
> >
> > -Lars
> >
> > --
> > Lars Nood?n
> > Lektor
> > Institutt for dokumentasjonsvitenskap
> > HUM-FAK, Universitetet i Troms?
> > Breivika, N-9037 Tromsoe, Norway
> >
> > ---
> >
> > Reading Package Lists...
> > Building Dependency Tree...
> > Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
> > requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
> > distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
> > or been moved out of Incoming.

SNIP

> > Sorry, but the following packages have unmet dependencies:
> >   apache: Depends: apache-common (>= 1.3.9) but it is not going to be
> > installed
> >           Depends: apache-common (< 1.3.10) but it is not going to be
> > installed
> >           Depends: perl5 or
> >                    perl but it is not going to be installed
> > E: Sorry, broken packages
>
> Did you install woody within the last month?
>
> If so, base-config actually installed potato packages. These are the
> kind of messages I was seeing.
>
> To get out of it if this is the problem, check to make sure you have
> woody in your sources.list, apt-get dist-upgrade, then try again.

that's exactly what i'd suggest. i saw that too when i upgraded from
potato to woody. i still get weird stuff like that sometimes (like
adduser wouldn't install completely until i commented out a whole
section of the post install script).

i upgraded about 1 month and a 1/2 ago, too, so it isn't that
recent. that problem with apache not installing is what finally tipped
the bucket for me in favour of upgrading to woody.

eric