Re: Apache?

Yes, apt-get is trying to install potato.  The man page for sources.list
implies that I could just swap stable with woody.  However, I've tried
that without success.  Should I point to different ftp mirrors?

How did you get yours to work?

-Lars

1) error message:

	# apt-get install apache
	Reading Package Lists... Done
	Building Dependency Tree... Done
	Package apache has no available version, but exists in the database.
	This typically means that the package was mentioned in a dependency and
	never uploaded, has been obsoleted or is not available with the contents
	of sources.list
	W: Couldn't stat source package list ftp://ftp.no.debian.org woody/main
	Packages
	(/var/lib/apt/lists/ftp.no.debian.org_debian_dists_woody_main_binary-powerpc_Packages)
	- stat (2 No such file or directory)
	E: Package apache has no installation candidate
	#

2) from man page source.list:

    deb uri distribution [component1] [componenent2] [...]

3) excerpt from my /etc/apt/sources.list:

	deb ftp://ftp.no.debian.org/debian/ stable main
	deb-src ftp://ftp.no.debian.org/debian/ stable main
	deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable/non-US main
	deb-src http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable/non-US main