Re: boot-device variable for powerbook G3

On Sat, May 11, 2002 at 10:09:40PM +0200, Koos van den Hout wrote:
> Quoting Chris Tillman who wrote on Sat, May 11, 2002 at 07:06:51AM -0700:
>
> > try devalias at the OpenFirmware prompt. You might be able to use a simpler
> > designation like ata or ata-int. (Not that it should make any difference.)
>
> There is an ata0 alias.
>
> setenv boot-device ata0:10
> and
> setenv boot-file /vmlinux root=/dev/hda10
> and then
`>
> boot
>
> gives me
>
> 0 > boot DEFAULT CATCH!, code=FFFFFFF6 at   %SRR0: FF80B15C   %SRR1: 0000B070

can't open is warmer than DEFAULT CATCH. DEFAULT CATCH is what I get
when I forget to turn the power on to my external disk and try to boot
from it, so it means OF is completely mystified. At least with can't
open it's finding the device, but probably not a correct boot block.
If it finds the partition but can't boot from it, it will also say
that.