original i(ce)Book ID ?

Hey Folks,

I was just thinking about trying to find one of the older iBooks on
which I could install Debian and use as a developing and presentation
machine for the road.  However, I remember the newer iBooks have a
software-based modem, and I _THOUGHT_ the original iBooks had a real
hardware modem (these were the original 400 MHz and 500 MHz G3's).

Is this the case ?  If it is - how could I identify one of the older
'Books (with the hardware modem) ?

cheers
--
Vinai Roopchansingh

"You can't outrun Death forever ...
 But you can sure make the Bastard work for it !!"

                                        Episode "Lava and Rockets"
                                        Andromeda