Re: problem with woody on my ibook

On Sunday, May 5, 2002, at 07:09 PM, Chris Tillman wrote:

The loop is a known bug (see debian-boot if you're interested). It will
be fixed ASAP.

For the X server, you may need a BusID in the devices section. Did
you see a debconf message about that? Maybe just try

dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86

I noticed there's a significant delay when that starts; be patient.

Thanks for the info on the bug and its package name.

The X server problem was my own as I had forgotten to tell it to use the framebuffer. Now it is working quite well. Still prefer the Mac OS X interface, but now I have the option of dual booting as some things are just easier in Linux.

Thanks again,
Bill