Re: SMP for 2.4.18 on duel G4 Mac

>It's a Power Mac G4.  I'm not really sure what that means (I think Apple
>likes to change there hardware around and keep the same names) but it is
>a new machine (I got it on monday).

What does /proc/cpuinfo says ?

>You may need my latest rsync tree
>> to use SMP on recent machines.
>
>I've got your latest tree but I'm having some trouble compiling.  It
>fails verry close to the end (I'm not sure but it might even be the
>final linking stage).  Any help you could give would be really
>appreciated.

Hrm, that's weird. Did you do a clean build ? (That is make mrproper
before rebuilding the kernel ?). Also make sure you don't have dangling
"root.root" files around if you build as a user, that may happen if
you accidentaly build as root. If you have .o's wich can't be overriden
from your normal user, that may screw up the build process.

Ben.