Re: TiBook keyboard/X questions

On Wed, May 01, 2002 at 10:17:24AM -0700, brett-debianppc@kavi.com wrote:
> I've got sid installed, and X working great on my 550Mhz powerbook G4,
> however there's a few things that drive me crazy in X:
> 1. I've got the ctrl:nocaps option in my XConfig, and xkb enabled, but
> the Capslock key simply does nothing (it doesn't work as caps lock
> anymore, but the light still toggles on and off, but it's not a
> control key either).
  That's the "EVIL" Apple ADB keyboard design "feature". There is a patch
around somewhere, I think somebody posted a link here a couple weeks ago,
that kludges around this.  I put it in the kernel on my iBook and tested it
a little. It seemed to work, but more importantly, it got the "Caps-lock is
the antichrist" guy off my back at LUG meetings :)

  If you can't find the link to the proper home I think I still have the
patch on my harddrive.

> Section "InputDevice"
>   Identifier  "Keyboard0"
>   Driver      "keyboard"
>   Option  "CoreKeyboard"
>   Option  "XkbRules"    "xfree86"
>   Option  "XkbModel"    "macintosh"
>   Option  "XkbLayout"   "us"
>   Option  "XkbOptions"  "ctrl:nocaps"
> EndSection
  That's how mine looks.

  - Nick Lopez
    kimo_sabe@atdot.org
--
"That vulnerability is completely theoretical."
  -- Microsoft