TiBook keyboard/X questions

I've got sid installed, and X working great on my 550Mhz powerbook G4,
however there's a few things that drive me crazy in X:
1. I've got the ctrl:nocaps option in my XConfig, and xkb enabled, but
the Capslock key simply does nothing (it doesn't work as caps lock
anymore, but the light still toggles on and off, but it's not a
control key either).
Section "InputDevice"
  Identifier  "Keyboard0"
  Driver      "keyboard"
  Option  "CoreKeyboard"
  Option  "XkbRules"    "xfree86"
  Option  "XkbModel"    "macintosh"
  Option  "XkbLayout"   "us"
  Option  "XkbOptions"  "ctrl:nocaps"
EndSection

from the XFree logfile:
(**) XKB: rules: "xfree86"
(**) Option "XkbModel" "macintosh"
(**) XKB: model: "macintosh"
(**) Option "XkbLayout" "us"
(**) XKB: layout: "us"
(**) Option "XkbOptions" "ctrl:nocaps"
(**) XKB: options: "ctrl:nocaps"
(==) Keyboard: CustomKeycode disabled

2. After the first time I log out and back into X, the mouse stops
responding, both the trackpad and my external usb mouse, until I
restart X.

I'm using the X packages from sid (4.1.0-15) and the radeonfb.

Thanks,
-Brett