Re: Debian 2.2r5 on PB Wall Street 266

On Mon, Apr 29, 2002 at 01:08:23AM +0200, Carlo Cosolo wrote:
> Here I am again to bug you :) 'cause I can't run Debian on anyone of my
> machines :(
>
> Now I'm trying on the PB in subject. All is gone well but, when X starts I
> get a graphical log window (dbm that I didn't configure as active). I log in
> but my mouse is stuck, nothing moves and I have to kill everything with
> c-o-F1 and go back to the consolle.
>
> Question is: there is a simple solution or I have to compile the kernel?
> (Which I'm not able to :)
>
> I use Bootx with this string: video=atyfb:vmode:14,cmode:32,mclk:63,pll:135
>
> Thank you for answering :)
>
> Carlo

I ran into this behavior several months ago on a Power Computing machine.
Eventually I either gave up or upgraded to xserver 4.1.x, which has much
better support for powerpc hardware.

Anyway, ISTR at the time that it was a bistable thing... I could use
Control-Opt/Alt-Backspace when the mouse froze to restart X, and when
it restarted it would have a mouse. Then if I did it again, it would

Upgrade soon! :-)