Apache::DBI

Hi,

I used apt-get to install Apache and Apache::DBI, but get errors when I
try to use it.  For example,  perl -e 'use Apache::DBI;' gives:

	Can't locate object method "module" via package "Apache" (perhaps
	you forgot to load "Apache"?) at /usr/share/perl5/Apache/DBI.pm
	line 202. Compilation failed in require at -e line 1. BEGIN
	failed--compilation aborted at -e line 1.

Is it user error or did something go missing from the install script?  The
man page for "Apache::DBI" says,

	"Do NOT change anything in your scripts. The usage of this
	module is absolutely transparent !"

Further down, it continues,

	"The module should be loaded upon startup of the Apache
	daemon.  Add the following line to your httpd.conf or
	startup.pl:
		PerlModule Apache::DBI

However, /etc/apache/httpd.conf has received no such line.

Cheers,
-Lars

--
Lars Noodén