Re: Probably a dumb question... But...

On Mon, Apr 22, 2002 at 04:58:52PM -0500, Zach Lowry wrote:
> 	Now, for the dumb question, How do I suppress the messages generated
> by each module loading? It makes the screen messy! (I'm a sucker for
> asthetics)

'dmesg -n 1' wil turn down the logging to console of kernel messages.
However, for a long-term fix, add '-c 1' to the KLOGD= line in
/etc/init.d/klogd. That'll kill klogd to do effectively the same when it
starts.

--
Derrik Pates      |   Sysadmin, Douglas School   |    #linuxOS on EFnet
dpates@dsdk12.net |     District (dsdk12.net)    |    #linuxOS on OPN